- Analyses quality and quantity of risks underwritten and prepares reports that review broker / intermediate books and profit / growth trends with recommended action plans.
- Analyses underwriting performance, identifying problems within the portfolio and proposed action plans to address / rectify portfolio performance.
- Monitors market conditions, competitive landscape and researches risk, environment and factors necessary to grow new business of identified accounts.
- Performs analysis of complex accounts to fully understand the risk to enable strategic portfolio decisions to be made.
- Ensures the portfolio achieves profitability and service objectives.
- Quotes, prices and underwrites renewal policies and endorsements.
- Monitors risk selection and pricing decisions for portfolio/s both on a book of business and at an individual account level.
- Ensures underwriting processes operate within agreed SLA’s.
- Works with the Sales team to build solutions for brokers to increase portfolio profitability and service levels to clients.
- Managing, mentoring and overseeing the underwriting department including endorsements, renewals and new business.
- Underwriting profitability – provides constant feedback on the underwriting performance of the Clients portfolio and recommends and implements remedial action where needed.
- Underwriting performance – Ensures the underwriting team meet all SLA’s in terms of turnaround times and quality.
- Technical assistance – Provides training and technical assistance to brokers where required to ensure improved quality of underwriting.
- Minimum 5 years underwriting experience with at least 3 years commercial underwriting.
- FAIS and RE Compliant.
- Proven track record of excellent client relationship skills.
- Experience on a windows Insurance Administration system.
- Proficient in word, excel and PowerPoint.
- Sound decision making skills.
- Analytical ability.
- + – 2 years Managerial Experience.
Qualifications and experience
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a similar role within the investment / collective investment service industry.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- MS Office suite (intermediate level).
- Knowledge of economic principles, environment and investment products.
- Excellent telephone etiquette.
- Preference will be given to EE candidates in accordance with the Investment Cluster employment policies.
- To be considered for the above opportunity, please upload your C.V. and covering letter via the link. http://www.trackingtalent.co.za/Home/Candidates
For any queries please contact Warren Maxwell-Pear on 0813353444 or Warren@trackingtalent.co.za